Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sleepiness, Homework, and VIRUS !!! Arrgghhhhh


At the night of Sept 20, it's nearly 2.00 AM now. I am very sleepy, but I can't go to sleep. Why? There is only one reason: I HAVE TO FINISH MY PRIVACY CLASS HOMEWORK !!! (its due is before 10 AM, Sept 20). I've done about half of them, I think (I just realized after that I am wrong -_-". I've done only 1/4 of them)

While I am doing my task, someone ping me via Live Messenger (former name is MSN). It's P'Pond, who is a Thai scholarship student at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. His message is "Pictures from my vacation" and send me .zip file (something like IMGxxx.zip). I remember that I asked him before about sending me his pictures at U of Mich. So, I immediately accept the file, unzip it with WinRAR, and then I see there is only one file call "www.photouploader.exe." With my full stupidness, I double-click at the file without any hesitation. I think it should be a stand-alone presentation file (how stupid I am!). Then, BOOM!! my messenger starts opening all of my contacts who are online, and starts sending them the same file I received. At that moment, OH MY GOD!! I've just known it is VIRUS !! I tried to kill the messenger process with Task Manager. After trying for about 30 secs (and sending file to about 10 people), I eventually can close the program. Why McAfee 8.0 Enterprise do nothing about this? Yes! it's my false, but it could help me a little bit to prevent my computer after I open the file, doesn't it?

However, I can finally kill the virus with KasperSky and continue doing my homework from 2.30 AM until 8.00 AM in the morning! God Dammn..!! Arghhh T T

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no...

You are SO.. updated!!!

You just called me this morning about this story and now you have it online??

I am definitely, flatly, totally NOT feel sorry that you have to wake up all night to finish your HW.

I kinda get the picture what you are up to....

Anyway, thanks for many interesting stories!

Cheers, Pinn

Andy said...

Oh! finally you're the second in 3 months commented in my blog. Thank you so much. ^_^

P.S. I wrote this blog before I called you. :p