Thursday, September 6, 2007

Academic Books

Study is a way to success, and my class has been started for 2 weeks. Then I think it's my time to begin reading books now (although I want to do it or not :D ). Today I will talk about my books in this semester.

First thing to know is I'm taking 4 courses this semester:
1. Very Large Information Systems (VLIS) - about database systems, and massive data collection.
2. Privacy, Policy, Law and Technology (PPLT) - mainly focus on privacy found on the Internet.
3. Software Engineering for Information Systems (SE for IS) - work in a team to create a piece of software using Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Use Cases (don't worry. They're terminologies in Computer Science field ;D)
4. Applied Information Assurance (AIA) - hands-on labs in building the harden computer network systems.

So, these are all of my books theis semester except one VLIS book that has not come yet (it's being delivered by Amazon). Two books on the most left are for AIA. They're lab sheet with the explanation. Two in the middle are for PPLT. The red one is about law (oh! very hard to read), and the other is about a protocol called P3P. Last, on the very right is the book for SE for IS class. It's the biggest book I have, but it's very great book after I read it for 3 chapters.

Hope I can read them all in this semester. God! Help me! :D

No comments: