Saturday, October 6, 2007

e-Crime summit

I posted this blog late for 2 days! On Oct 5, 2007, I went to e-Crime summit for my Privacy class. The teacher (prof. Cranor) reserved us a seat already. I thought the suitable clothes for academic summit should be shirt, pants, and suit. So, I wore all of them (I never do like this before, except TOC - Technical Opportunity Conference, i.e. job fair). However, I had to ride my bike to the summit place (one hotel in Pittsburgh), which decreased my good look a little bit :p.

The e-Crime summit was really interesting. I attended a session of paper presentation. There were 3 papers about protecting Unicode spam mail, machine learning algorithms for spam filtering, and phishing study.

The most important part is I saw many people wearing polo shirts and jeans! Then, why did I have to wear this elegant stuffs!!!

No comments: